Native American Literature, Creative Writing, and American Nature Writing
- Honors and Awards
- Excerpts from Reviews on Kim
- Books Anthologies
- Interviews with Kim
- Online Writing/Reading
- Work in Other Arts
- Audio/Video Links
Essays & Scholarly Articles: Books
- Like “Reeds through the Ribs of a Basket”: Native Women Weaving Stories, (critical approaches to Native American literature) : An article from: The American Indian Quarterly.
- Redefining American Literary History, (book reviews) : An article from: The American Indian Quarterly.
- Portage Lake: Memories of an Ojibwa Childhood, (book reviews) : An article from: The American Indian Quarterly.
- After Confession: Poetry As Autobiography, Kate Sontag & David Graham (Editors), Graywolf Press.
- Talking on the Page: Editing Aboriginal Texts ,
- Laura J. Murray & Keren Rice (Editors), Univ. Toronto Press.
“Writing Voices Speaking: Native Authors and an Oral Aesthetic.”
- Nothing But the Truth: An Anthology of Native American Literature ,
- John L. Purdy & James Ruppert (Editors), Prentice Hall.
“The Possibilities of a Native Poetics” (Introduction to the Poetry Selections).
- This Giving Birth: Pregnancy and Childbirth in American Woman’s Writing ,
- Julie Tharp and Susan MacCallum-Whitcomb(Editors), Popular Press
“The Birth of New Languages,” (a creative non-fiction essay)
- Native-American Writers , Harold Bloom (Editor), Chelsea Books.
- “The New ‘Frontier’ of Native American Literature: Dis-Arming History with Tribal Humor”
- Chippewa Families: A Social Study of White Earth Reservation ,
- M. Inez Hilger, Minnesota Historical Society Press.
Introduction by Kimberly Blaeser.
- Other Sisterhoods : Literary Theory and U.S. Women of Color ,
- Sandra Kumamoto Stanley (Editor), University of Illinois Press. (Hardcover)
“Like ‘Reeds Through the Ribs of a Basket’: Native Women Weaving Stories.”
- Native American Writers of the United States , (Dictionary of Literary Biography, V. 175),
- Kenneth M. Roemer (Editor), Gale Research.
- War Cries: A Collection of Plays , by Diane Glancy, Holy Cow Press.
- Introduction by Kimberly Blaeser.
- Native American Perspectives on Literature and History
- ( American Indian Literature and Critical Studies Series, Vol 19 ) by Alan R. Velie (Editor), University of Oklahoma Press.
“The New ‘Frontier’ of Native American Literature: Dis-arming History with Tribal Humor.”
- Looking at the Words of Our People : First Nations Analysis of Literature
- by Jeannette C. Armstrong (Editor), Theytus Book.
“Native Literature: Seeking a Critical Center.”
- New Voices in Native American Literary Criticism
- (Smithsonian Studies in Native American Literatures), by Arnold Krupat (Editor), Smithsonian Inst Press. (Hardcover)
“The Multiple Traditions of Gerald Vizenor’s Haiki Poetry.”
- Buried Roots and Indestructible Seeds : The Survival of American Indian Life in Story, History, and Spirit ,
- Martin Zanger & Mark A. Lindquist (Editors), University of Wisconsin Press. (Hardcover)
“Trickster: A Compendium” and “An Introduction.”
- Dear Christopher : Letters to Christopher Columbus by Contemporary Native Americans ,
- by Darryl Wilson (Editor), University of California Native American Studies.
- Writing It Down for James : Writers on Life and Craft ,
- Kurt Brown (Editor), Beacon Press.
“Entering the Canon: Our place in World Literature.”
- Encyclopedia of North American Indians , by Frederick E. Hoxie (Editor),
- Houghton Mifflin Co.
- Narrative Chance : Postmodern Discourse on Native American Indian Literatures ,
- Gerald Vizenor (Editor)
( American Indian Literature and Critical Studies, Vol 8 ), University of Oklahoma Press.
“The Way to Rainy Mountain: Momaday’s Work in Motion.”
- American Indian Voices: A Regional Literacy Symposium , Faith B. Miracle,
- Wisconsin Academy of Science.
Excerpts from “The Greatest American Indian Work Ever, Or What Really is Indian Literature.”
Essays & Scholarly Articles: Journals
- “Relativity,” Wisconsin Academy Review, Vol. 46, No. 1 (Winter 1999-2000)
- “Centering Words: Writing a Sense of Place,” Wicazo Sa Review,
- Robert Warrior Jace Weaver (Editors), Vol. 14, No. 2 (Fall 1999)
- “Like ‘Reeds Through the Ribs of a Basket’: Native Women Weaving Stories,”
- American Indian Quarterly, Special Issue:
“Cultural Property in American Indian Literatures: Representation and Interpretation.” Vol. 21, No.4 (Fall 1997)
- “Interior Dancers: Transformations of Vizenor’s Poetic Vision,”
- Studies in American Indian Literature, special issue ed. Louis Owens, V. 9, No. 1. (Spring 1997)
- “Finding Voice in the Wastelands of Academic Silence,”
- AWP Chronicle, V. 28, No. 2. (October/November 1995)
- “Pagans Rewriting the Bible:Heterdoxy and the Representation of Spirituality in Native American Literature,”
- Ariel: A Review of International English Literature, V. 25, No. 1. (January 1994)
- “Entering the World Canon: Out Place in World Literature,”
- Akwe:kon Journal, V. X, No. 1. (Summer 1993)
- “Trickster Signatures,” a review of 4 books by Gerald Vizenor,
- American Book Review, V. 14, No. 5. (December 1992 – January 1993)
- “Learning the ‘Language the Presidents Speak’: Images and Issues of Literacy in American Indian Literature,”
- World Literature Today, V. 66, No. 2. (Spring 1992)
© 2018 Kimberly Blaeser | All Rights Reserved | Web Design by CCS, Inc.
Top of Page
college writing help
12 Great Native American Argumentative Essay Topics For High School Students
A few good and persuasive topics to develop about the Native American tribes and folk
The methodical removal of the Native American people from their homelands by very questionable methods by the European colonizers is one of the most appalling examples of western preponderance and the advancement of the capitalistic machine. And this makes for a veritable gold mine of issues that can be used by high school students to produce argumentative essays about the Native Americans.
These topics are ever more sensitive now with the growing sensitivity to political correctness. Therefore, it is highly advisable to writers to bear proper sanctum and politic prudence in mind when working on these topics designed by myessaywriting.com company .
The following are some of the issues and topics that may be used to develop compelling argumentative essays by high school students…
- The true implications of the neo-modern American Indian identity and nomenclature on the Native Americans: Native Americans’ resentment toward this name as a manifestation of western influence upon them.
- The diminution of the language of the Native Americans under the influence of western factors over the years.
- The saga of the trail of tears, and the American Indian tribe called the Cherokees: A study of the brutal savage pursuit of the native tribes’ folk.
- A study in the color of the Cherokee skin: An insightful investigation of the Cherokee people.
- An investigation in the mind and matter of the South-East Chickasaw Native American tribe.
- A discussion of the tribal beliefs and practices of the Chumash American Indian tribes and their story of originations and progression.
- An analysis of the mythology commonly associated with the Lakota Native American tribe.
- A detailed investigation of the Dawes Act: The story of how the Dawes Act enabled the United States’ Government to exploit the Native American tribes.
- An investigative discussion into the role played by Andrew Jackson in the systematic removal of the American Indians from the areas west of the Mississippi river.
- A detailed study of the series of attacks and skirmishes conducted on immigrant wagon locomotives moving through the state of Utah in the year 1857: Also known as the Mountain Meadows Massacre
- A real discussion into the truth and verity about the origin, existence, and importance of Pocahontas, and the legend of Pocahontas.
- The American Indian casinos, now and then. The implications the Indian Casinos have had on American Mafia, and the role and relation with other crime syndicates.
- Outlining an informative essay
- Conservation of forest topics
- 5th grade descritpive paper: picking a topic
- Ideas for a paper on addictions
- Where to get title page samples
- College essay writing prompts
- 5 steps for completing your paper
- Creating an evaluation paper
- 4 signs of a fraud agency
- Persuasive writing ideas
- Where to find free papers
- Where to find APA templates
- Writing a paper on freedom
- Popular argumentative topics
- Professional writing help
- Cause & effect essay topics
- Starting a critical analysis paper
Need help with your essay? Get it done with http://craftmyessay.com – expert essay writers.
Professional essay writers for hire – follow this link – 24/7 online support.
Very good essay writing tips for college students.
Resources: Abovecollege.com – writing service. Writing a college paper . Professional writers for hire
© 2012-2018 – CollegeWritingHelp.com. Simple and explicit essay writing tips.